Valvular Heart Disease: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 5e
Covering the full range of diagnosis and treatment for valvular heart disease, this award-winning reference provides the information you need for safe and effective practice. Part of the Brauwald’s family of heart disease references, Valvular Heart Disease, 5th Edition, brings you fully up to date with the latest procedures, imaging modalities, basic science, diagnostic criteria, and treatment guidelines in this fast-changing area. Internationally renowned authors Dr. Catherine M. Otto and Dr. Robert O. Bonow help you apply today's best, evidence-based medical and surgical approaches in your daily practice.
- Covers current topics such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), timing of intervention for mitral regurgitation, imaging guidance of transcatheter valve procedures, management of prosthetic valve, advanced imaging of the aortic and mitral valves, management of valve disease in pregnant women, and advances in diagnosis and treatment of endocarditis.
- Contains new chapters on the imaging approach before TAVR, transcatheter valve-in-valve implantation for prosthetic valve stenosis, and management of pulmonic valve disease.
- Provides summaries of ACC, AHA, and ESC guidelines for guidance on best practices.
- Includes all the latest imaging modalities for a full understanding of tools needed for the most accurate physiologic understanding and accurate diagnoses.
- Offers access to 80 videos that help you visualize heart valve anatomy and dysfunction, as well as important techniques and procedures.
- Features an extensive number of new and updated illustrations of anatomy and physiology, methodology, flow charts, and clinical examples―750 high-quality images in all.
- Reorganizes chapters to closely link imaging and interventional approaches for aortic and mitral valve disease.
- Emphasizes evidence-based approaches with outcome data and relevant references.
- 2014 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Cardiology category.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author:||Catherine M. Otto - Robert O. Bonow|
|Published:||July 13, 2020|