Trauma and Orthopaedics at a Glance, 1e
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (May 26, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118802535
- ISBN-13: 978-1118802533
Trauma and Orthopaedics at a Glance is an easy-to-read, highly visual guide to orthopaedics. It comprehensively covers relevant basic science and clinically-oriented anatomy of the musculoskeletal system, and the diagnosis and management of trauma, sports injuries, paediatric orthopaedics, degenerative disease, and musculoskeletal tumours. Although primarily aimed at junior doctors and senior medical students, it is also useful for physiotherapists and nurse practitioners.
Trauma and Orthopaedics at a Glance:
• Provides thorough coverage of diagnosis, investigation and contemporary treatment options of commonly encountered orthopaedic conditions;
• Features a section on what to expect as a Foundation doctor in orthopaedics, including how to present cases in trauma meetings, essential information to survive ‘on-call’ shifts and tips for efficient clerking of trauma admissions;
• Unique ‘how to’ section, comprising guidance on key practical procedures such as aspirating joints, manipulating fractures and applying plaster casts.
• Includes a companion website at ataglanceseries.com/tando featuring 120 multiple-choice questions and 10 case studies
This brand new title presents an overview of all the information relating to diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions, and is ideal while on rotation or revising key concepts.