The Science of Paediatrics: MRCPCH Mastercourse, 1e
Professor Neena Modi, President, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
The Science of Paediatrics, MRCPCH Mastercourse, provides essential
background preparation for the MRCPCH Theory and Science examination.
It contains an up-to-date review of the application of science to everyday
paediatric clinical practice, whether it is interpreting clinical signs or
investigations, prescribing drugs or identifying best management. Although
this understanding is essential in order to make informed clinical decisions,
it is diffi cult to obtain as it is not usually covered in clinical textbooks.
• MRCPCH exam-format questions embedded in each chapter to
• Emphasis on embryology to explain many congenital abnormalities
• An overview of the relevant anatomy and physiology
• Focus on the application and interpretation of investigations
• Examples of recent advances in science and clinical research that have
benefi tted the children’s care
• All clinical specialties covered by paediatric specialists.
• Chapters covering evidence-based paediatrics, statistics, ethics and
|Author:||Tom Lissauer - Will Carroll|
|Published:||May 18, 2016|