The Dentist's Drug and Prescription Guide, 2e
The updated and authoritative reference to medications used in dental practice
The revised and updated second edition of The Dentist's Drug and Prescription Guide offers a practical and quick reference to medications commonly prescribed in dental practice. With contributions from experts on the topic, this comprehensive book takes an accessible question-and-answer format, providing answers to common questions dentists ask about drugs. The most updated information on drugs is presented throughout, including the current antibiotic prophylaxis guidelines and newer osteoporosis drugs.
A new section describes how to manage patients on medications, and includes new chapters on the important topics of opioid prescribing and abuse and pain management. Alternative effective medications for opioids are discussed in detail. Putting all the prescription and drug information needed in daily dental practice at your fingertips, The Dentist's Drug and Prescription Guide is an essential reference for practicing dental clinicians and dental hygienists. This important book:
- Offers a comprehensive and accessible guide to essential information about medications used in dental practice
- Presents detailed information about drugs in an easy-to-use question-and-answer format
- Provides answers to commonly asked questions about drugs
- Refers to current, evidence-based pharmacology information, tailored for the dental clinician
- Features information on opioid prescribing and abuse and pain management
Written for both general and specialist dentists and dental hygienists, the revised second edition of The Dentist's Drug and Prescription Guide is a must-have reference for the most current information available on medications used in the dental profession.
|Author:||Mea A. Weinberg - Stuart J. Froum - Stuart L. Segelnick|
|Published:||April 7, 2020|