Pre-Clinical Dental Skills at a Glance, 1e
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (June 2, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118766679
- ISBN-13: 978-1118766675
Pre-Clinical Dental Skills at a Glance provides a comprehensive and accessible guide to the basic operative skills and core clinical skills required of those about to embark on dental clinical training. It serves as the perfect illustrated introduction for pre-clinical students and a handy revision guide for subsequent undergraduate and postgraduate stages.
Following the familiar, easy-to-use At a Glance format, each topic is presented as a double-page spread with text accompanied by clear colour diagrams and clinical photographs to support conceptual understanding. Pre-Clinical Dental Skills at a Glance is a valuable resource for students studying dentistry, dental hygiene, dental therapy or dental nursing, as well as skills-based assessments such as the Overseas Registration Exam or the Licence in Dental Surgery.
Key features include:
- An illustrated introduction to the dental clinical environment, basic operative skills and core clinical skills
- Key concepts are explained and superbly illustrated enabling you to visualise the intended clinical endpoint
- Core clinical skills covered include controlling cross-infection, giving and receiving effective feedback, history taking and communication skills
- A companion website with self-assessment questions to help test your understanding