Periodontology: The Essentials, 2e
- "The author has identified a need for up-to-date information to be made available as a compendium to standard textbooks in periodontology, and [succeeds] in fulfilling the stated aims of the book."—Stephen Chen, Australian Orthodontic Journal
Periodontology—The Essentials provides readers with up-to-date information on the anatomy and physiology of the oral cavity as well as the latest methods for diagnosis, prevention, and therapy of periodontal disease. It is specifically designed to help busy dental professionals give their patients the highest level of care. Throughout this book the author stresses the important connections between periodontal disease and the patient‘s overall health, focusing on preventive care and the consequences of treatment.
Key Features of the Second Edition:
• Expanded and revised coverage, lavishly illustrated by more than 300 four-color photos and drawings
• Updated chapters throughout
• Evidence boxes giving summaries of clinical trials, meta-analyses and other studies, with graded assessment of the findings
• Discussion of the long-suspected association between systemic and periodontal diseases
This book is a remarkably fresh text on the fundamentals of periodontology that will serve as a scientifically grounded yet practical clinical tool for students of dentistry and dental hygiene, private practitioners, hygienists, and periodontists alike.
|Published:||November 12, 2015|