Oral Cancer Surgery: A Visual Guide, 1e
- Publisher: Thieme; 1st edition edition (December 5, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131994010
- ISBN-13: 978-3131994011
The surgical management and treatment of oral cancer is one of the greatest challenges for residents and fellows specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. The unique anatomy of the perioral region makes tumor ablation and surgical reconstruction particularly complex. This practical handbook presents the most important procedures in oral cancer surgery in a concise and highly visual manner, providing a solid repertoire of basic surgical techniques for handling almost any case and achieving the best possible results.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the most important surgical approaches for managing and treating oral cancer
- Practical systematic guide encompassing every step of the operative procedure including tracheotomy techniques, lymph node management, tumor ablation, and reconstruction
- Enhanced with more than 200 full-color intraoperative photographs and diagrams to illustrate each step of the surgical process
- Includes important tips and tricks for anticipating and avoiding potential problems during surgery
This book is an essential reference for all young surgeons wanting to review the surgical principals, anatomy, and techniques that form the basis of oral cancer therapy. More experienced surgeons will also find it useful for reviewing techniques and surgical strategy before heading into the operating room.