Ophthalmic Ultrasound: A Diagnostic Atlas, 2e
- Publisher: Thieme; 2nd edition edition (November 13, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1588905039
- ISBN-13: 978-1588905031
This book presents the latest information on using echography to diagnose lesions and diseases of the eye and orbit. This edition is fully updated, with a new chapter on orbital disease and coverage of the 20-MHz probe for posterior segment imaging. It provides a comprehensive review of the basic screening procedures, descriptions of the indications for ultrasound, and guidance on how to reach an accurate diagnosis of both common and rare clinical problems in all areas of the eye.
- Techniques for diagnosing diseases of the retina, choroid, vitreous, anterior segment, optic nerve, extraocular muscles, and more
- More than 550 high-quality images, including an expanded collection of anterior segment images, that aid the comprehension of pathology and disease processes
- Three-dimensional schematics demonstrating sound beam and probe positions on the eye
- Extensive lists of references for pursuing topics in depth
Ophthalmic Ultrasound: A Diagnostic Atlas will provide an invaluable reference for ophthalmologists, ultrasonographers, and radiologists.