Neuro-Ophthalmology Illustrated, 1e
- Publisher: Thieme; 1st edition edition (September 9, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1604061561
- ISBN-13: 978-1604061567
Praise for this book:[Five stars] Provid[es] succinct and easy to understand information with excellent illustrations...the wealth of color illustrations [are] invaluable to students learning about these disorders. - Doody's Review
With nearly 900 illustrations and the combined 40-year experience of the authors, Neuro-Ophthalmology Illustrated serves as an atlas and a source of concise clinical information on the entire field. From anatomy and pathophysiology to diagnosis and management, the book provides a unique approach to thinking about, assessing, and treating neuro-ophthalmic disorders. It offers a how-to on performing the essential examination, and covers disorders of the visual afferent system, the pupil, ocular motor efferent systems, and the orbit and lid. The authors also point out the important neuro-ophthalmologic manifestations associated with common neurologic and systemic disorders.
- Offers a basic introduction to anatomy, physiology, and examination of the eye for neurology students
- Teaches brain anatomy and the fundamentals of neuro-imaging to ophthalmologists
- Provides the coherent approach of two master teachers in the field
- Begins each chapter with a quick outline of contents, and concludes with a comprehensive index
- Features a handy examination chart and near card for easy reference
A portable atlas, manual, and study guide in one, Neuro-Ophthalmology Illustrated is perfect for residents preparing for board examinations in ophthalmology, neurology and neurosurgery. Practitioners and instructors of neuro-ophthalmology will also find this highly visual pocketbook a useful reference in their practice and classroom.