Medical Microbiology, 9e
The foremost text in this complex and fast-changing field, Medical Microbiology, 9th Edition, provides concise, up-to-date, and understandable explanations of key concepts in medical microbiology, immunology, and the microbes that cause human disease. Clear, engaging coverage of basic principles, immunology, laboratory diagnosis, bacteriology, virology, mycology, and parasitology help you master the essentials of microbiology―effectively preparing you for your coursework, exams, and beyond.
- Features significant new information on the human microbiome and its influence on the immune and other body systems, and new developments in microbial diagnosis, treatment, diseases, and pathogens.
- Updates every chapter with state-of-the-art information and current literature citations.
- Summarizes detailed information in tabular format rather than in lengthy text.
- Provides review questions at the end of each chapter that correlate basic science with clinical practice.
- Features clinical cases that illustrate the epidemiology, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Introduces microbe chapters with summaries and trigger words for easy review.
- Highlights the text with clear, colorful figures, clinical photographs, and images that help you visualize the clinical presentation of infections.
|Author:||Patrick R. Murray - Ken S. Rosenthal - Michael A. Pfaller|
|Published:||March 24, 2020|