Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 6e
- Publisher: Mosby; 6 edition (July 11, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323046142
- ISBN-13: 978-0323046145
Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this bestselling book helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions ensure that you develop a complete understanding of normal occlusion and masticatory function allowing you to better appreciate and manage abnormal occlusion and masticatory dysfunction. With this book's conservative, cost-effective approach, you'll achieve your treatment goals while keeping the best interests of your patients in mind.
- Provides thorough coverage of physical examination of the masticatory system, as an invaluable aid for diagnosis.
- Includes diagnostic algorithms for various classes of disorders, as a handy reference for sorting through signs and symptoms of key functional disorders.
- Depicts treatment principles visually with case examples for each major treatment chapter.
- Presents a comprehensive discussion of the etiology of temporomandibular disorders, providing background on the causes of chronic orofacial pain.
- Includes updated references and suggested readings for further research and study.
- Discusses specific treatment techniques based on the author's expertise in the field.
- Includes many updated photos and line drawings to showcase techniques.
- Adds a new section on the use of botulinum toxin to treat chronic pain.
- Expands discussion of the use of local anesthetic blocks for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.