Jatin Shah's Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, 4e
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (April 9, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323055893
- ISBN-13: 978-0323055895
Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, by Drs. Jatin P. Shah Snehal G. Patel, and Bhuvanesh Singh, offers you authoritative, multidisciplinary guidance on the latest diagnostic and multidisciplinary therapeutic approaches for head and neck cancer. With this medical reference book, you’ll have all the help you need to offer your patients the best possible prognoses and to optimally preserve and restore form and function.
- Overcome any challenge in head and neck surgery with comprehensive coverage of the scalp, skull base, paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, cervical lymph nodes, thyroid, salivary glands, and soft tissue and bone tumors - from incidence, diagnosis, and work up through treatment planning, operative techniques, rehabilitation, and outcomes.
- Increase your understanding of head and neck oncology with this completely reorganized edition, presenting a uniform flow of topics, which includes the latest information on Diagnostic approaches, staging, algorithms for selection of therapy, and outcomes of treatment for head and neck tumors.
- Offer today’s best treatment options with outcomes of therapy data from the NCDB, institutional data from MSKCC, and evidence-based information
- Diagnose patients using the latest advances in radiographic imaging, diagnostic pathology and molecular biology.
- Take fullest advantage of every multidisciplinary management approach available including radiation oncology, medical oncology (including targeted therapies), maxillofacial prosthodontics and dental oncology, surgical procedures for salvage of recurrences after chemoradiation therapy, and rehabilitation measures to improve functional outcomes (speech, swallowing, etc.).
- Understand the nuances of day-to-day practical care of patients with basic operating room techniques and technology, intraoperative decisions, and post operative care for patients undergoing head and neck surgery.
- Know what to look for and how to proceed with sequential operative photographs of each surgical procedure and full-color artwork to demonstrate anatomical relationships. Particular emphasis is placed on surgical management of patients after chemo-radiotherapy, reflecting the changing paradigms in head and neck oncology and the special challenges that confront modern day head and neck surgeons.
This comprehensive text will assist in improved survival and preserving and restoring form and function with the surgical treatment of tumors.