Head and Neck Imaging - 2 Volume Set, 4e
- Publisher: Mosby; 4 edition (November 26, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323009425
- ISBN-13: 978-0323009423
Meticulously updated, extensively expanded and reorganized, this 2-volume text is the field's definitive reference on the interpretation of images of the head and neck. An international cast of 'who's who' in the field discuss all modalities with an emphasis on CT scans and MRIs as well as plain film, providing encyclopedic and detailed coverage.
- An international perspective from global authorities in the field.
- Organized by anatomic region for easy access to information.
- 40 color-plates depict pathology and anatomy.
- 7 brand-new chapters: Neural Tumor Spread · The Trachea · Swallowing Evaluation · Ultrasound of Nodal and Non-Nodal Neck Masses · Skin and Soft Tissue Lesions · The Genetics of Tumor Development and Metastasis · and New Imaging Techniques.
- Coverage of the hottest topics in the field, including dental anatomy and pathology · trachea anatomy and pathology · genetics of tumor development and metastasis · MR spectroscopy and PET in the head and neck · pharyngeal and masticator space lesions · thyroid and parathyroid glands · and neural tumor spread.
- The latest head and neck imaging modalities and techniques, including state-of-the-art MR imaging and CT scans.
- Expanded anatomic atlases of the sinus and temporal bones.
- A fresh new design subdividing coverage into shorter chapters, along with outlines and summary boxes to make content more accessible.
- More than 40% new images and illustrations, over 4500 in all, with 40 in full color.
- More in-depth coverage of pathology, embryology, and anatomy.