Evidence-Based Dentistry: An Introduction, 1e
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (August 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405124962
- ISBN-13: 978-1405124966
This introduction to Evidence-Based Dentistry provides a much-needed orientation in the subject for students and professionals alike. It is a ground-level book for those seeking to understand evidence-based dentistry and its significance for clinical practice. The book is anchored in the dental literature: the majority of the chapters offer guidance on interpreting a full published paper; where both the subject of the paper and the study design is of relevance to the field of dentistry.
Each chapter is organised in a similar way, providing a structured approach to reading and understanding research articles or commercial product information. In this respect, Evidence-Based Dentistry is designed as an introduction to understanding published research and its implications for the dental surgery; rather than as a guide on undertaking research.
* Incorporates topical published papers in order to rpovide worked examples
* Explains the most6 common forms of research used in dentistry
* Unlocks basic statistical and epidemiological concepts, along with key terms
* Enables the reader to identify the research question, assess aspects of study design, evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of papers and understand their clinical relevance
* Tables, boxes and figures are used extensively to present core information. Useful templates are also provided, which readers may use/adapt for analysis, including study clubs.