Essential Human Disease for Dentists, 1e
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 edition (January 22, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443100985
- ISBN-13: 978-0443100987
- Concentrates on the essential core of knowledge on human disease needed by the dentist.
- Focuses on the implications of conditions and drug treatment for dental practice, with important practice points emphasized in boxes.
- Uses standardised headings for each condition and concise text to make instant reference easy in clinical situations.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of relevant conditions from cardiovascular and respiratory disease through to psychiatric disorders, extremes of age and pregnancy.
- Covers an area that has considerable medicolegal relevance for today's dentists - failure to take account of pre-existing conditions or drug treatments may lead to litigation.
- Includes procedures for dealing with medical emergencies in the dental surgery are described.
- Illustrated in full colour.