Clinical Problem Solving in Dentistry: Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry, 3e
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 3 edition (December 19, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 070205836X
- ISBN-13: 978-0702058363
This is a third edition of an easy to read resource in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry - ideal for undergraduate dental students and postgraduates preparing for the MJDF and similar exams.
- Useful ‘Clinical Case’ format promotes a logical approach to problem solving through history taking, clinical examination and diagnosis
- Contains approximately 350 photographs, 50 line artworks and 40 tables
- Provides two different approaches to the Clinical Cases - some topics include scenarios with questions and answers; others include differential diagnosis with a focus on how to plan and manage treatment effectively
- ‘Key-point’ boxes systematically emphasise core knowledge, assessment and treatment approaches
- Useful Mind Maps® provide a focused framework for learning and revision
- Thoroughly updated text with over 140 new clinical images
- New orthodontic sections covering classification and definitions, referral guide, implications of some medical problems, together with further information on CBCT and TADs, protraction facemask treatment, management of non-nutritive sucking habits, and retainer types and problems.
- New authorship to paediatric dentistry section provides comprehensive text revision
- New paediatric dentistry Clinical Cases address behavioural problems in the child and adolescent, the treatment of children with learning difficulties and physical disability, as well as providing coverage of common medical problems in children and assessment of dental trauma
- Updated reading lists include Cochrane reviews