Dental Radiography: Principles and Techniques, 4e
- Publisher: Saunders; 4 edition (March 29, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437711626
- ISBN-13: 978-1437711622
Providing essential coverage of dental radiography principles and complete technical instruction, Dental Radiography: Principles and Techniques, 4th Edition, is your key to the safe, effective use of radiation in the dental office. The first ever full-color dental radiography resource, this combination of a textbook and a training manual guides you step-by-step through common procedures, with accompanying illustrations, case studies, and interactive exercises to help you apply what you've learned to practice.
- A concise, straightforward writing style makes complex concepts more accessible and helps you easily identify the most important information.
- Step-by-step procedures combine clear instructions with anatomical drawings, positioning photos, and corresponding radiographs to help you confidently and accurately perform specific techniques, thus minimizing radiation exposure to the patient.
- Helpful Hints detail common problems you may encounter in practice and provide a checklist to guide you through the do's and don'ts of imaging procedures.
- Quiz Questions at the end of each chapter assess your understanding of important content.
- Key terms, learning objectives, and chapter summaries highlight essential information to help you study more efficiently.
- Interactive exercises, terminology games, and case studies modeled on the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) on Evolve reinforce your understanding and help you prepare for examinations.
- New chapter on cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) familiarizes you with emerging practices in dental radiography.
- Updated chapter discussions and new radiographs keep you up to date on the latest information in digital imaging.
- UNIQUE! Full-color design and new illustrations and photographs clarify difficult concepts and help you master proper positioning techniques.
- UNIQUE! A comprehensive appendix provides quick, easy access to all mathematical formulas used in dental radiography.