Curbside Consultation in Retina: 49 Clinical Questions, 1e
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (October 15, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1556428855
- ISBN-13: 978-1556428852
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional references of the retina? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for the daily examination of patients?Curbside Consultation in Retina: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between experienced clinicians.
Dr. Sharon Fekrat, along with associate editors Drs. Darius Moshfeghi and Dean Eliott, have designed this unique reference that offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on a variety of clinical questions commonly associated with the retina. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to the retina with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Images and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate clinical diagnoses.
Curbside Consultation in Retina: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists and specialists will appreciate. Optometrists, ophthalmologists, ophthalmologists-in-training, and even retina specialists will benefit from the user-friendly and casual format and the expert advice contained within.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• What is the treatment paradigm for postop CME?
• How do I follow a patient who is pregnant and also has diabetes?
• How should I counsel my patients with dry AMD and what-about various vitamin supplements?
• What systemic medications require periodic fundus evaluation, what do I look for and what tests do I do?
• How can I differentiate all of those white dot syndromes?