Curbside Consultation in Refractive and Lens-Based Surgery, 1e
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (September 15, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1617110833
- ISBN-13: 978-1617110832
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to questions that are often left unanswered by traditional references on refractive surgery? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for the daily examination of patients?Curbside Consultation in Refractive and Lens-Based Surgery: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between experienced clinicians.
Drs. Bonnie An Henderson and Sonia H. Yoo have designed this unique reference in which refractive specialists offer expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly encountered by ophthalmologists, residents, and other health care professionals. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to refractive and lens-based surgery with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate clinical diagnoses and treatment plans.
Based on clinical scenarios that a refractive surgeon might encounter in real life, Curbside Consultation in Refractive and Lens-Based Surgery provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists will appreciate. General ophthalmologists and residents alike will enjoy the user-friendly and casual format.
Some of the questions that are answered:
- How do I manage epithelial ingrowth after LASIK? What if it recurs?
- Should I perform PRK in patients with forme fruste keratoconus?
- How do I manage patients with dry eyes after LASIK surgery?
- How do I determine my surgically induced astigmatism?
- Is a monocular implantation of a multifocal IOL tolerated?
- How do you manage an unhappy multifocal patient who is experiencing halos and glare?