Curbside Consultation in Ocuplastics: 49 Clinical Questions, 1e
- Publisher: Slack Incorporated; 1 edition (September 15, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1556429142
- ISBN-13: 978-1556429149
Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional texts and references in oculoplastics? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for common clinical dilemmas or complications? Curbside Consultation in Oculoplastics: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick and direct answers to the thorny questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between experienced clinicians.
Dr. Robert C. Kersten and Dr. Timothy J. McCulley, have designed this unique reference in which oculoplastic specialists offer expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with oculoplastics. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to oculoplastics with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate common clinical dilemmas.
Curbside Consultation in Oculoplastics: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists will appreciate. Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians alike will benefit from the user-friendly and casual format and the expert advice contained within.
Some of the questions that are answered:
• What do I do when a patient on anti-coagulants needs surgery?
• When does an eyelid lesion need to be biopsied?
• What are the general treatment guidelines for Graves’ ophthalmopathy?
• How should I treat bacterial orbital cellulitis?
• How do you distinguish an orbital infection from sterile inflammation?
• When should I be concerned about systemic disease in a patient with blepharoptosis?
• What are the oculoplastic uses of botulinum toxin?
• How do I know when to order an MRI or a CT?