Cosmetic and Clinical Applications of Botox and Dermal Fillers, 3e
There has been a recent explosion of public interest in less invasive
facial rejuvenation products and treatments. At the forefront of this
are the U.S. FDA Approvals of Botox and Xeomin injections.
In addition to the broad array of cosmetic applications for botulinum toxin, a new range of functional treatments is similarly beginning to emerge. These treatments include creating a “chemical” tarsorrhaphy to promote corneal healing, reducing thyroid-associated eyelid retraction, and—most compelling—reducing the frequency and severity of muscle tension and migraine headaches. These new applications significantly expand the scope of botulinum toxin treatments for medical disorders that have traditionally included the treatment of strabismus as well as a number of disorders of spasticity.
Cosmetic and Clinical Applications of Botox and Dermal Fillers, Third Edition by Dr. William J. Lipham and Dr. Jill S. Melicher continues to evolve and advance along with these applications, addressing important information for anyone interested in expanding his or her clinical practice in this area.
This updated and revised Third Edition also describes how to perform a broad range of treatments with a wide variety of dermal filler agents, including the newer hyaluronic acid and poly-l-lactic acid derivatives.
Topics inside the Third Edition include:
- Treatment of blepharospasm, meige syndrome, and hemifacial spasm
- Botulinum toxin as a treatment for functional disorders
- Neuro-ophthalmic uses for botulinum toxin
- Cosmetic applications of botulinum toxin
- Periorbital rejuvenation using cosmetic filler agents and fat injection
- Marketing botulinum toxin and dermal filler agents to build your practice
Additionally, an accompanying video website with nine supplemental videos is included to demonstrate the techniques discussed.
Video topics include:
- Botulinum toxin for benign essential blepharospasm
- Botulinum toxin for hemifacial spasm
- Botulinum toxin for headaches
- Botulinum toxin chemical brow lift
- Botulinum toxin for forehead rhytids
- Botulinum toxin for glabellar rhytids
- Botulinum toxin for treatment of orbicularis lateral
- Hyaluronic acid filler for perioral rejuvenation
- Hyaluronic acid filler for the nasolabial fold
Cosmetic and Clinical Applications of Botox and Dermal Fillers, Third Edition is perfect for anyone interested in the use of Botox and dermal filler agents for a wide variety of functional and minimally invasive facial rejuvenation procedures. General ophthalmologists, anterior segment surgeons, dermatologists, facial plastic surgeons, residents, and fellows alike will benefit from adding this valuable book and video website to their collection.
|Author:||William J. Lipham - Jill Mellicher|
|Published:||April 15, 2015|