Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 5e
- Publisher: Mosby; 5 edition (October 2, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323080111
- ISBN-13: 978-0323080118
Find practical step-by-step guidelines to hundreds of fixed prosthodontics procedures! Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics, 5th Edition provides a strong foundation in basic science along with clear descriptions of clinical applications. Using more than 3,000 high-quality drawings and photographs, this reference covers everything from tooth preparation to prostheses and restorations to follow-up care. New to this edition is a chapter on periodontal considerations plus new sections on topics such as cone beam imaging and virtual articulators. From respected prosthodontics educators and clinicians Stephen Rosenstiel, Martin Land, and Junhei Fujimoto, Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics includes separate sections covering planning and preparation, clinical procedures, and laboratory procedures, making it easier to look up the information you need.
- Illustrated, full-color step-by-step procedures walk you through all the steps of treatment from the beginning to the final treatment result.
- Summary charts provide a quick, at-glance review of specific procedures (such as Class II inlay preparation and all-ceramic crown preparation), highlighting the indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages, preparation steps, recommended armamentarium, and criteria.
- Prosthodontic Diagnostic Index helps you determine the appropriate treatments for completely edentulous, partially edentulous, and dentate patients, using guidelines and illustrations from the American College of Prosthodontists.
- Text boxes accompany selected illustrations, presenting quick facts and tips relating to techniques or concepts.
- Study questions offer an opportunity to test your knowledge and comprehension at the end of each chapter.
- Useful appendices list dental materials, equipment, and manufacturers.
- NEW full-color photos and drawings enhance your understanding and comprehension of each topic, and show the newest instruments and equipment.
- NEW Periodontal Considerations chapter offers a new approach to comprehensive fixed prosthodontics treatment, covering the concepts and clinical modes of periodontal therapy available prior to the development of an appropriate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- NEW section on digital impression techniques describes how to create a virtual, computer-generated replica of the hard and soft tissues in the mouth using lasers and other optical scanning devices.
- NEW section on virtual articulators addresses the new software tool providing dynamic visualization of the occlusal surface, eliminating the need for a mechanical articulator, with modules discussing the contact of the occlusal surface of the maxilla and mandible and the relation to the condylar movement.
- NEW section on cone beam imaging allows clear visualization of osseous contours and bone volume, facilitating better decisions about the size of implant fixtures that realistically can be accommodated.
- NEW section on digital interim fixed restorations covers the fabrication of large multi-unit composite or polymethyl methacrylate external surface forms in advance for use with indirect/direct restorative techniques.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!