- Publisher: Thieme; 1st edition edition (December 15, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780865779594
- ISBN-13: 978-0865779594
This is the first book to analyze virtually all complications of phacoemulsification surgery with the goal throughout of avoidance, recognition, and management. As the key to recognizing problems is to understand proper surgical technique, the authors begin with a discussion of the correct procedure, and then go on to evaluate potential complications, where they occur, and how to treat them. Solutions are provided for all situations, from simple problems to the most complex--all described by a who's who of leading specialists and educators.
From phacoemulsification problems and vitrectomy, to hydrodissection, hydrodileneation, and phaco-trabeculectomy complications, this outstanding guide is essential for anybody performing cataract surgery.
Key features of this new clinical reference:
- Contributions from the best known surgeons and educators in the world, including Howard Fine, Sam Masket, Randy Olson, Alan Crandall, Roger Steinert, David Chang, Skip Nichamin, and many more!
- Shows correct surgical techniques so that complications can be seen in the appropriate clinical context
- Nearly 300 detailed, full-color illustrations clarify all concepts and help you visualize key points
- Offers tips on anticipating problems that lead to complications Provides detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to manage problems after they occur
Here is the definitive text for avoiding and treating all types of complications of phacoemulsification, as well as a reliable reference on standard surgical techniques. The information provided is essential for all ophthalmologists, eye surgeons, clinicians, and residents who need a thorough understanding of the surgical techniques and complication avoidance that will most benefit their patients.
Complications in Phacoemulsification: Avoidance, Recognition, and Management, 1e
- Publisher: Thieme
- Book Code: 0865779594
- Availability: In Stock