Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist, 3e
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (March 14, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437713513
- ISBN-13: 978-1437713510
Created by a dental hygienist for dental hygienists, Community Oral Health Practice for the Dental Hygienist, 3rd Edition, helps you acquire the understanding to improve the oral health care of people throughout various communities and build a successful career in the public health sector. Learn how to effectively interact with and educate people of different cultures, plan and develop community projects, assess the risk of caries and other oral conditions, master ADEA Dental Hygiene Competencies, and more with proven, practical guidance.
- Comprehensive, cutting-edge content delivers everything you need to know to succeed in practice.
- Test-taking strategies help you confidently prepare for the community oral health portion of the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE).
- Up-to-date information on national initiatives details the goals and guidelines of various government programs.
- ADEA Dental Hygiene Competencies included at the end of each chapter highlight expectations you'll encounter as you enter the workforce.
- Dental Hygienist Mini-Profiles provide real-world perspectives to help you prepare for practice and plan your career.
- Applying Your Knowledge sections suggest ways you can begin improving oral health in your community.
- Guiding principles, learning objectives, vocabulary terms, and chapter summaries help you study more efficiently and reinforce your understanding of the most important concepts.
- Expanded Community Cases on the companion Evolve website test your ability to apply your knowledge to common scenarios you may encounter as a dental hygienist.
- UNIQUE! Healthy People 2020 Objectives give you a competitive edge with the most up-to-date science-based guidelines for promoting health and preventing disease.
- New chapter on Planning a Student Community Oral Health Project helps you confidently move from the classroom into the community and apply what you've learned to improve oral health care.
- Content updates keep you current on timely issues such as access to care, expanded career opportunities, caries risk assessment, fluoride and sealants, social responsibility and justice, and cultural competence.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!