- Publisher: Saunders; 4 edition (July 25, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455759686
- ISBN-13: 978-1455759682
Learn to master implant procedures and techniques with ease using this vivid atlas-style guide! Written by leading expert Michael S. Block, DMD, Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 4th Edition provides clear, full-color clinical photos and practical instructions covering a wide range of implant challenges. This guide will walk you through treatment planning, pre-surgical guidelines, detailed surgical techniques, and postoperative follow-up. This new fourth edition also includes expansive content updates, realistic case studies, and a new companion website that houses over 60 video clips that clearly demonstrate the nuances and techniques of implant procedures that can’t be seen in still photos. With this book, you’ll be fully prepared to address any implant-related situation and achieve optimal results!
- Over 1,500 full-color photographs and drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment from beginning to end.
- Clear step-by-step procedures include indications, contraindications, and treatment results for each procedure.
- Case studies throughout the book explore realistic clinical scenarios, each with a variant.
- Chapters are organized by oral anatomy and surgical technique, with each chapter presenting a different area of the mouth or a specific surgical technique.
- NEW! Thoroughly revised and updated content reflects the latest information and advancements in dental implant surgery.
- NEW! 60+ video clips on a companion website clearly demonstrate the nuances and techniques of implant procedures that can’t be seen in still photos.
- NEW! Information on the placement of implants into single tooth sites with tooth removal looks at three clinical scenarios that can help you decide on the best timing of treatment.
- NEW! Coverage of the placement of implants immediately into mandibular molar sites addresses criteria for immediate placement, implant selection, and surgical technique.
- NEW! Exploration of grafting the thin maxilla, with an accompanying case study, looks at how to best handle patients who present with a thin, narrow alveolar bone, which does not allow implant placement.
- NEW! Section on the use of interpositional osteotomy to restore missing vertical bone in the esthetic zone discusses how to manage vertical bone deficiency in the esthetic zone by moving the vertical bone inferiorly using an interpositional osteotomy.
- NEW! Section on the crestal approach for sinus elevation addresses implant site preparation and surgical technique.
Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 4e
- Publishers Saunders
- Book ID: 1455759682
- Availability: In Stock