- Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (December 3, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323171265
- ISBN-13: 978-0323171267
"I found this book expressly informative...I would most definitely recommend this book" By British Dental Journal, Dec 2014
- Case-based approach incorporates teaching around real patient scenarios to actively engage and raise your interest and retention of the information.
- 103 cases, many of which are new, represent the full scope of modern oral and maxillofacial surgery practice to encompass the most common and significant implications for modern clinical practice, including content emphasized on OMS boards and training exams.
- Detailed illustrations including one or more radiographs, full-color clinical photographs, or drawings for the majority of cases provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, and key concepts that will further enhance your understanding and retention of all content.
- Content that’s perfect for all levels of study or practice covers both concepts and techniques that residents and pre-doctoral students can apply in the clinical setting, and the preparation tools necessary for oral and maxillofacial surgery boards and training/certification examinations.
- NEW! Full-color illustrations and photos give you a better pictures of common surgical techniques and pathology.
- NEW! Chapter 6: Dental Implant Surgery discusses the contemporary issues related to dental implants - specifically the routine placement of maxillary and mandibular implants, sinus augmentation, zygoma implants, treatment of edentulism, guided implant surgery, extraction socket preservation, and implantology for the esthetic zone.
- NEW! Section on cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) highlights the role of imaging from diagnosis to image guidance for many surgical procedures.
- NEW! Section on the advantages of computer assisted surgery highlights virtual surgical planning for a patient who presents for combined surgical and orthodontic correction of his facial asymmetry and apertognathia.
- NEW! Section on trigeminal neuralgia (TN) walks you through the diagnosis and possible treatments for a patient suffering from trigeminal neuralgia, the signs and symptoms that uniquely define the disorder, and the clinician’s ability to recognize the specific diagnostic pattern.
- NEW! Section on neck dissection, an important aspect of head and neck cancer treatment, provides a case that involves a patient in which right selective neck dissection (I-III) was conducted on the right neck and a selective left neck dissection (I-V) was completed on the left side.
- NEW! Section on dentoalveolar trauma presents a new case that takes you through diagnosing and treating a patient who presents with anterior maxillary alveolar segment fractures involving teeth #7-9, with lateral luxation and Ellis class III fracture tooth of #9, and an intraoral laceration of the upper lip.
- NEW! Section on nasal septoplasty addresses a patient with a severely deviated nasal septum to the left, involving the quadrangular cartilage and the bony septum and how septoplasty can make a dramatic change in the patient's quality of life, by facilitating nasal airflow, allowing for better spontaneous drainage of the paranasal sinuses, possibly reducing mouth breathing, and reducing or eliminating the symptoms of snoring, and perhaps lessening the severity of the obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2e
- Publishers Mosby
- Book Code: 0323171267
- Availability: In Stock