Caries Management - Science and Clinical Practice, 1e
- Publisher: Thieme; 1st edition edition (April 12, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3131547111
- ISBN-13: 978-3131547118
A comprehensive approach to modern caries management
This systematic approach to modern caries management combines new, evidence-based treatment techniques with the scientific underpinnings of caries formation, providing an in-depth review for both clinicians in daily practice and students advancing in the field.
Beginning with patho-anatomic changes in the dental hard tissues, Dental Caries: Science and Clinical Practicegoes on to cover non-invasive, minimally invasive, and more aggressive interventions based on each stage of the disease. From microbiology and histology to visual, tactile and radiographic diagnosis, risk assessment, preventive measures, and tooth preservation and treatment strategies, the book is packed with valuable clinical information for all dental practitioners.
- Succinctly covers the science behind the disease, with recommendations for treatments based on assessment starting at the microscopic level
- Written by a team of leading worldwide authorities on caries treatment and managementand utilizing the International Caries Detection and Assessment System (ICDAS) standard throughout
- Covers the newest treatment techniques, including adhesion technology, fissure sealing and infiltration, caries removal, tooth-colored restorations, and more
- Demonstrates step-by-step caries procedures in striking, full-color illustrations of adult and pediatric cases
- Offers the newest thinking on early prevention and behavioral changes in oral health promotion, including the role of diet and nutrition, biofilm management, fluoride use, population-based approaches, and more
Shifting to the new paradigm of heal and seal rather than the more invasive drill and fill, this beautifully illustrated text puts scientific principles into clinical action for the best results. It is an essential resource for a complete, proactive approach to caries detection, assessment, treatment, management, and prevention in contemporary dental practice.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!