Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion, 3e
The thoroughly revised third edition of a Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion is an essential guide to help dental nurses prepare for a qualification in Oral Health Education and thereafter practice as an Oral Health Educator. It will help readers confidently educate patients about diseases and conditions that affect the oral cavity, and support their prevention, treatment, and management.
Designed with an accessible layout to enhance learning, this course companion is divided into six sections covering: the structure and functions of the oral cavity; diseases and conditions; disease prevention; effective communication; treating specific patient groups, and oral health promotion and society.
Invaluable to all members of the dental team and other health professionals involved in educating and promoting oral health, this key text:
- Offers a guide for dental nurses taking a post-registration Certificate in Oral Health Education
- Is fully updated to reflect changes in the industry, science, and course syllabus
- Incorporates information on the new classification of periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Contains new information on topics including dementia, denture advice, and burning mouth syndrome
- Includes an expanded section on promotion
|Author:||Alison Chapman - Simon H. Felton|
|Published:||April 12, 2021|