Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 7e
- Publisher: Mosby; 7 edition (March 31, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323171117
- ISBN-13: 978-0323171113
Covering the most commonly used drugs in dentistry, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 7th Edition provides an in-depth understanding of the pharmacologic principles needed for safe and effective dental treatment and oral health care. It discusses drug properties and mechanisms of action, dosages, intended effects, interactions, and adverse reactions - both for the medications a patient may already be taking and for the drugs prescribed by the dentist. New to this edition are topics such as drug-related osteonecrosis of the jaw, recommendations for antibiotic prophylaxis to reduce the risk of infection, cholesterol and cardiovascular guidelines, and new information on type 2 diabetes. Written by dental hygiene educator Elena Haveles, this trusted text prepares you for the expanding role of the dental hygienist!
- Comprehensive coverage provides an in-depth understanding of the most commonly used drugs, how they work, and how they affect patients’ oral health and dental treatment options.
- A dental focus addresses the drug interactions of clinical interest in dentistry, with explanations as to why certain drugs are used or contraindicated in a dental treatment plan.
- A logical format organizes chapters into four parts: 1) general pharmacologic principles, 2) drugs used in dentistry, 3) drugs that may alter dental treatment, and 4) special situations.
- Clinical Skills Assessment offers review questions at the end of each chapter, helping you assess your knowledge of the material.
- Dental Hygiene Considerations boxes show how principles of pharmacology apply specifically to dental hygienists.
- Note boxes highlight important concepts, indications, contraindications, memory tools, warnings, and more.
- Key terms are bolded and in color within each chapter and defined in a handy glossary.
- Summary tables and boxes serve as useful review and study tools with quick, easy-to-read summaries of key concepts.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter set goals for what you will accomplish and provide a useful study guide for examinations.
- A bibliography in each chapter lists resource citations for additional research and study of dental-related topics.
- Quick-reference appendixes include resources such as the top 200 drugs, medical acronyms, and information on herbal and dietary supplements.
- A drug index provides easy look-up of specific drugs and types of drugs.
- NEW! Updated coverage reflects the latest changes and advances relating to dental treatment, such as adverse drug reactions, antibiotic prophylaxis, osteonecrosis of the jaw, cardiovascular and cholesterol guidelines, oral anticoagulant drugs, and type 2 diabetes.
- NEW! Full-color design includes additional illustrations showing basic principles and internal processes, along with photographs of oral conditions and side effects.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!