Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 6e
- Author: Elena Bablenis Haveles
- Edition: 6 edition
- ISBN-13: 9780323065580
- ISBN-10: 0323065589
- Language: English
- Published: February 10, 2010
- Easy to read and easy to follow, Applied Pharmacology for the Dental Hygienist, 6th Edition provides an understanding of the basic principles of pharmacology. It covers the most common drugs that you will encounter in clinical practice -the drugs a patient may already be taking and the drugs prescribed by the dentist. A logical and consistent organization makes it easy to look up drug group indications, pharmacokinetics, pharmacologic effects, adverse reactions, drug interactions, and dosages. Ensure patient safety with this essential reference!
- Drug interactions are emphasized, with explanations of why specific drugs may or may not be appropriate for use in a dental treatment plan.
- Note boxes highlight important concepts, indications, contraindications, memory tools, warnings, and more.
- Chapter review questions help you assess your understanding.
- Informative appendixes make it easy to look up need-to-know information.
- A new Hygiene-Related Oral Disorders chapter summarizes prevention and treatment of dental caries, gingivitis, and tooth hypersensitivity.
- A new Natural/Herbal Products and Dietary Supplements chapter relates this fast-growing area to dental hygiene.
- New Dental Hygiene Considerations boxes show how principles of pharmacology apply specifically to dental hygienists.
- Additional illustrations and tables simplify difficult concepts, including topics such as receptors and metabolism.
- A new full-color insert illustrates examples of many common oral pathological conditions.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!