Albert & Jakobiec's Principles & Practice of Ophthalmology: 4-Volume Set, 3e
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (February 12, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 141600016X
- ISBN-13: 978-1416000167
Inside the 3rd edition of this esteemed masterwork, hundreds of the most distinguished authorities from around the world provide today's best answers to every question that arises in your practice. They deliver in-depth guidance on new diagnostic approaches, operative technique, and treatment option, as well as cogent explanations of every new scientific concept and its clinical importance. With its new streamlined, more user-friendly, full-color format - as well as access to the complete contents online - this 3rd edition makes reference much faster, easier, and more versatile. More than ever, it's the source you need to efficiently and confidently overcome any clinical challenge you may face.
- Comprehensive, authoritative, and richly illustrated coverage of every scientific and clinical principle in ophthalmology ensures that you will always be able to find the guidance you need to diagnose and manage your patients' ocular problems and meet today's standards of care.
- Updates include completely new sections on "Refractive Surgery" and "Ethics and Professionalism"... an updated and expanded "Geneitcs" section... an updated "Retina" section featuring OCT imaging and new drug therapies for macular degeneration... and many other important new developments that affect your patient care.
- A streamlined format (now four volumes instead of six) and a new, more user-friendly full-color design - with many at-a-glance summary tables, algorithms, boxes, diagrams, and thousands of phenomenal color illustrations - allows you to locate the assistance you need more rapidly than ever.
- Access to the complete contents of the four-volume set online - with rapid search capabilities and downloadable illustrations - enables you to quickly and powerfully reference the material from any computer.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.