Advanced Operative Dentistry: A Practical Approach, 1e
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 Pap/Psc edition (June 22, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0702031267
- ISBN-13: 978-0702031267
This Elsevier title is a Pageburst product which provides you with the printed volume PLUS an e-book.Pageburst (formerly Evolve eBooks) allows you to quickly search the entire book, make notes, add highlights, and study more efficiently. Buying other Pageburst titles makes your learning experience even better: all of the eBooks will work together on your electronic 'bookshelf' so that you can search across your entire electronic library.
Advanced Operative Dentistry: A Practical Approach is a brand new volume that addresses the use of fixed prosthodontics in a single handy reference source.
Prepared by editors and contributors of international renown, this volume places unique emphasis on the biological basis of effective treatment planning by describing the diagnosis, aetiology, risk assessment and preventive management of diseases and disorders and how these factors are integral to predictable long-term patient outcomes.
Advanced Operative Dentistry: A Practical Approach also gives clear advice on the selection and use of modern dental materials and describes how teeth are prepared - and to what extent - for indirect restorations such as crowns, bridges, veneers, inlays and onlays. The book also explores the use of complex indirect fixed prosthodontics which brings with it specific issues of restoration design, retention and occlusal management. Recognising that great deal of emphasis is placed on aesthetic dentistry by patient and dentist alike, this text also discusses factors which can impact upon aesthetics and how the aesthetic demands of patients can be met in a realistic and ethical manner.
Clearly written and fully illustrated throughout, this practical step-by-step guide will be ideal for undergraduate dental students, vocational trainees and practitioners undertaking post-graduate exams.
- Prepared by editors and contributors of international renown
- Contains an abundance of full colour, clinical illustrations to show the results that can be achieved in real life
- Describes how to achieve the best appearance in order to meet increasing patient expectations
- Discusses the use of fixed prosthodontics in one volume and how fixed and removable prosthodontics can be integrated
- Gives unique emphasis on the preventative, biological approach to the use of fixed prosthodontics in order to ensure positive long-term treatment outcomes
- Clearly illustrates why aspects of tooth preparation are necessary and how the construction of restorations influences their fit
- Provides an integrated, multidisciplinary step-by-step guide to the provision of indirect fixed restorations
- Provides guidance on effective communication with laboratory staff to ensure high-quality tooth preparation
- Describes the correct handling of materials and restorations when being fitted
- Presents the latest findings regarding the use of contemporary materials and techniques - such as the use of Expasyl, Protemp temporary crowns, CAD and CAM crowns
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject area makes cross-referencing to other books unnecessary
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!