Active Learning Workbook for Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, 12e
- Author: Charlotte J. Wyche - Jane F. Halaris - Esther M. Wilkins
- Edition: Twelfth edition
- ISBN-13: 9781451195248
- ISBN-10: 1451195249
- Language: English
- Published: January 8, 2016
Designed to accompany Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, 12e, this unique active learning workbook reinforces the important concepts of the main text and provides hands-on practice in putting those concepts into practice. Each chapter provides an array of engaging skill builders to help students master the assessment, planning, treatment, communication, and documentation skills they need to succeed as dental hygienists.
Reflecting the changes in the main text, the 12th Edition is enhanced by a new user-friendly two-color design, an increased emphasis on critical thinking skills, and a stronger focus on helping students make the transition from the classroom to practice.
- A new title, “Active Learning Workbook,” emphasizes the book’s focus on preparing students to make the transition from learning to practice.
- A new 2-color design makes the book easier to use.
- New Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) term boxes help students cpnduct effective and efficient PubMed literature searches.
- Revised crossword and word search puzzles increase student mastery.
- Everyday Ethics boxes include individual learning, cooperative learning, or discovery activities that challenge them to resolve the types of real ethical dilemmas they will face as practicing dental hygienists.
- Competency Questions ask students to apply their knowledge in analyzing assessment data, creating care plans, and documenting patient care.
- Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) term boxes help students conduct effective, efficient PubMed literature searches.
- Knowledge exercises require students to define key terms, concepts, and principles and to answer questions based on text information.
- Crossword Puzzles and Word Searches reinforce terminology in a fun, interactive way.
- Discovery Activities build skills by asking students to find and analyze professional sources of current, evidence-based information.
- Questions Patients Askexercises require students to use their evidence-based decision-making skills to address patient concerns.
- Factors to Teach the Patient show students how to develop conversations with patients using motivational interviewing techniques.
- For Your Portfolio suggestions encourage readers to reflect on their growth as a dental hygiene professional by developing a portfolio that highlights individual talents, special skills, and competencies, resulting in an ideal tool for employment interviews or graduate education applications.
- Learning Objectives highlight key information in each chapter.
When you order from MRE Bookstore.com, you will receive a confirmation email. Once your order is shipped, you will be emailed the tracking information for your order's shipment. You can choose your preferred shipping method on the Order Information page during the checkout process.
The total time it takes to receive your order is shown below:
The total delivery time is calculated from the time your order is placed until the time it is delivered to you. Total delivery time is broken down into processing time and shipping time.
Processing time: The time it takes to prepare your item(s) to ship from our warehouse. This includes preparing your items, performing quality checks, and packing for shipment.
Shipping time: The time for your item(s) to tarvel from our warehouse to your destination.
Shipping from your local warehouse is significantly faster. Some charges may apply.
In addition, the transit time depends on where you're located and where your package comes from. If you want to know more information, please contact the customer service. We will settle your problem as soon as possible. Enjoy shopping!