Sedation: A Guide to Patient Management, 6e
Learn how to safely sedate your dental patients and help control their anxiety with Sedation: A Guide to Patient Management, 6th Edition. Written by sedation expert Stanley Malamed, DDS, this concise guide combines essential theory with "how-to" technical instruction to help you master basic techniques in dental sedation and anxiety control. This new sixth edition also incorporates the latest guidelines from the ADA and the American Society of Anesthesiologists, along with vivid images of the most current equipment and procedures used in dental practice today. There is also detailed discussion on how to modify typical treatment protocol to successfully treat different patient populations ― including pediatric, geriatric, physically compromised, and medically compromised patients. In all, this is a must-have guide for keeping up to date on the latest techniques in dental sedation and anxiety.
- The latest practice guidelines established by the ADA and the American Society of Anesthesiologists for sedation by non-anesthesiologists are included throughout the text.
- Comprehensive coverage combines all aspects of sedation with essential theory and instruction to cover all the information needed to provide safe and effective dental care.
- Expert authorship from Stanley Malamed, DDS, provides readers with experienced guidance across all areas of sedation dentistry and local anesthesia.
- Summary tables and boxes support visual learners and serve as useful review and study tools.
- Coverage of all potential patient groups details how to manage the pain and anxiety of pediatric, geriatric, physically compromised, and medically compromised patients in addition to the subtle changes that may be needed in normal treatment protocol.
|Author:||Stanley F. Malamed|
|Published:||July 14, 2017|